Celebrant 4 u
CONGRATULATIONS you’re getting married! Your wedding day should be one of the most romantic & memorable days of your life. The beginning of a new chapter in your life together.
If you’re reading this Registry-Style page, then you are perhaps considering just making your marriage legal without too much pomp, ceremony or expense. But, at the same time, you want it to be special & leave you with fond memories – by working together we can tick all those boxes.
The New Zealand government has specific rules about Registry Weddings – True “at the registry office” marriages are no longer available in New Zealand. However, some celebrants have a licence to perform Registry Marriages according to very strict rules (click here to read those rules). In a nut shell, you need to purchase the licence, marry on a weekday, provide 2 witnesses & use only the approved vows.
I am not yet one of those specially licensed “Registry” celebrants, but that doesn’t mean we can’t create a budget-friendly, unique to you, “Registry-Style” ceremony for your wedding day.
There are many reasons why a couple might choose a “Registry Style Ceremony”, time & budget constraints, along with too many family & friends that can’t make it, are the top two reasons on most lists. Perhaps this is your second or third time around – so nice, but not fancy is where you’re at, or maybe you don’t want to deal with the stress of planning a big or elaborate wedding, or you don’t have the time or inclination to write your own vows from scratch. Some couples just want to get-it-done with a small group of their nearest & dearest present. The truth is, you don’t have to have a particular reason – you “just want to get married” is enough.
As a Registered Independent Celebrant, I am allowed to legalise your marriage & as a couple, you can choose whatever style of marriage you want.
Check out my “Registry-Style”, Paint-by-Numbers – but still personalised, ceremony package & add-ons to see if this resonates with your style, character & ideas about your wedding day.
Registry-style, The Details
My Celebrant 4 U Registry Style Ceremonies are standardised to meet the legislative requirements of getting married in New Zealand.
- Minimum notice period is 5 days
- There is a set fee for the base Registry-Style package.
- Choose from 4 difference variants of simple vows – some minor adjustments to personalise these is ok too.
- Choose from several “add-ons” to further personalise the ceremony.
- Travel outside the Tauranga metropolitan area will incur a travel fee.
- My Celebrant 4 U Registry Style Ceremonies may be held on a weekend or weekday. Long weekends & public holidays by special arrangement only.
- The number of guests, including the wedding party is usually less than 20.
- The ceremony itself usually takes less than 30 minutes in total, from the time the couple arrive, saying the vows & signing the papers.
What happens after the ceremony depends on where the ceremony is held & what your own plan for the day is – there are just so many options – my recommendation is to linger in your chosen location for a bit, perhaps have a picnic or BBQ, then go forth as Newlyweds & have a fun.
Registry-Style Base Package
The base package includes:
- My services as celebrant
- My “Wonderfully Simple – Simply Wonderful Registry-Style Wedding Guide”
- One planning meeting prior to the ceremony – either in person within the Tauranga Metropolitan area or via Zoom / Skype
- Personalisation of pre-set “jigsaw” vow options (choose from a selection of verses to create vows that suit your style).
- Processing of the paperwork with the New Zealand Marriage Registrar after the ceremony
- A few “nice things” to decorate the alter & signing table
Base package $250